Supporting Adolescents with Problematic Gaming and Screen Time Use
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Skills Based Group
Group Treatment Goals:
- To explore thoughts, feelings and behaviors, specific to problematic gaming and screen time use.
- To learn and practice ways of challenging, or changing, behaviors through the use of CBT; specific to behavior activation, exposure therapy and cognitive restructuring.
- To learn about mindfulness and to practice a variety of mindful techniques to aid in non-critical awareness of moods, thoughts and behaviors.
- To be exposed to a variety of recreation and leisure activities for the purpose of introducing and promoting healthy alternatives to gaming and screen time.
- To enhance communication and social skills, through practice, in a safe and supportive environment.